Indian Hair Extensions Maintenance
With the proper care and maintenance our Indian hair should last you 6 to 12 months. If you follow these simple maintenance basics, you can extend the life of your hair and get increased value from longer use. Prior to using your hair, double check that the weft stitching is tight. If you find irregular stitching or looseness, please contact us right away for an exchange.
How to care for your hair.
These are the most important things you can do to keep your hair healthy and strong.
- Keep the hair clean by washing once or twice a week with warm or cool water.
- Wash the hair immediately after swimming, spa, and exercise. When dirt and sweat accumulate, hair will tangle.
- Reduce the amount of stress on the hair and weft by making a couple of big braids when going to sleep, swimming or exercising (comb through the hair before making braids).
- Never sleep on wet hair. Make sure your hair is completely dry before going to bed.
- Make sure to brush the hair daily and always start from the ends and work your way up.
When washing your hair.
- Make sure hair is completely combed through and detangled before washing (we recommend a vent wig brush).
- Wash with cool to warm water. Excessing heat will lead to softening of the weft.
- Make sure hair is being washed in ONE direction (from scalp to ends) and avoid circular motions! This can lead to tangling.
- Always use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. We recommend using Design Essentials moisture retention shampoo and express or stimulation conditioner.
When conditioner is on the hair, leave it on for approximately five minutes, then comb through the hair starting from the ends. Rinse thoroughly.
- Squeeze out excess water and blow dry gently. Do not towel rub or twist the hair to dry.
When styling your hair.
- Do not overuse products on the hair. Too much leave-in conditioner and other hair care product will create a build up on the hair and will cause it to tangle. Wash hair with a good shampoo and conditioner if you experience tangling. Don’t continue to add product, as this won’t solve the problem. Be sure to gently brush and detangle hair before washing.
- The great thing about Virgin Human Indian Hair is that you can style it as you would your own hair. You can color or perm the hair. Although you may bleach the hair (Virgin Wigs or Weaves) we suggest that you use a cream coloring system that isn’t as harsh. This will prolong the life of the hair. Loreal or Miss Clairol are two brands that comes highly recommended.
- You can brush, blow dry, curly with curling iron, straighten with a flat iron and style any way you’d like.
- For Curly hair, be sure to brush the hair daily and apply a small amount of leave-in conditioner so the hair is soft and moist. We recommend Mixed Chicks or Moroccan Oil.